Pictured above, a vertical forest protrudes from a pair of skyscrapers. The photographer perfectly captures the creation of a biological habitat in an urban environment, planting the idea with the viewer of what more sustainable housing could look like. Do you have a photo that can inspire action on climate change?
Enter ‘Re-imagining a Brighter Future’, a photo challenge by Eco-Business, in partnership with leading global agri-business Olam International, to capture the solutions that can help us reduce climate change or help people cope with its consequences.
Whether it’s stranded polar bears, bleached coral or smog-encased cities, we’re all familiar with the iconic yet distressing images of climate change. But what we’re not seeing are equally powerful images depicting the solutions to these devastating effects which — if remain unchecked — will become irreversible.
Even seemingly mundane or everyday solutions like recycled objects, solar-panels, or plant-based bottles have the potential to be re-imagined through photography to become striking and memorable images that stick and drive wider action. Through this challenge we are looking for these images that will elicit a desire to challenge the status quo, to re-imagine one’s own role in the solution, and ultimately inspire action that can turn the tide on climate change.
This photo competition is part of Eco-Business’s larger Changing Course campaign on climate action.
- Open Category (Open to anyone regardless of age and professional skills.
A unique five-day photo safari in Ghana, Africa. The photo safari includes a tour of Olam’s climate-smart cocoa projects in action and a two-night stay at the beautiful Royal Senchi Resort. Olam International will offset the carbon emissions from the flight to and from Ghana, Africa.
- Youth Category (Entrants aged 25 and under)
GoPro Hero 6
- Olam International Category (open to employees of Olam International)
GoPro Hero 6.
Winners will be announced at the World Business Council for Sustainable Development Council Meeting gala dinner, hosted by Olam International on 23rd October 2018. The winning photographs will be displayed at the Olam Learning Academy in Singapore.
If you have any questions regarding the competition please don’t hesitate to email us.
Terms and Conditions
- The ‘Re-imagining a Brighter Future’ photo challenge is open to anyone regardless of age, background or experience levels.
- Participants may only submit one photograph.
- Participants who wish to enter should follow these steps:
- Send your photo via email to [firstname.lastname@example.org] with ‘Re-imagining a Brighter Future’ in the subject line.
- Include a short title of no more than 10 words and a caption of no more than 50 words in your email. Your caption should tell the story of your picture, such as the location it was taken, why the situation needs re-imagining, how it is being re-imagined and what the expected impact is. Please also state your name, age, job title and organisation.
- Ensure that your photo adheres to the following specifications:
- Photo must be submitted as a .jpeg file.
- The file size of the photo must not exceed 1MB.
- If you are selected, you will be requested to send us a high-resolution photo of your image.
- Participants aged 25 and under who wish to enter the Youth Category should put ‘Re-imagining a Brighter Future Youth Category’ in the subject line. Kindly note that shortlisted candidates will be required to prove their age.
- Employees of Olam who wish to enter the Olam International Category should put ‘Re-imagining a Brighter Future Olam International Category’ in the subject line.
- The closing date for the contest is 11:59 p.m. SGT on 7th October 2018. Entries submitted after this deadline will not be entertained.
- Please note that the judges’ decision is final, and correspondence after the decision will not be entertained.
- Each entry must be the original work of the participant and must not contain any trademarks or copyrighted material, owed whole or in part by a third party or violate any persons’ rights of privacy.
- Eco-Business reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who Eco-Business has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions.
Intellectual Property and Trademarks
- All content on the site, including but not limited to text, photographs and other forms of media remain the property of Eco-Business and should not be used without prior formal written authorization.
- Entrants to our photo challenge retain full ownership of the copyright in each entry. Please note, however, that Eco-Business may publish any material you submit, with appropriate credit, at its sole discretion.
Exclusions of liability
- By participating in this contest, in the event that your submissions infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any other third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity, you agree to fully indemnify Eco-Business of all relevant damages.
- Email addresses collected during the process of this competition may be used by Eco-Business to send out Eco-Business communications. All material sent will contain clearly visible links to manage your subscription preferences or unsubscribe.
- Please be assured that Eco-Business does not sell or share any contact information it gathers with any third parties whatsoever.
Brought to you by: